We’ve been asked by quite a few people to share the recipe for Todd’s Mango Muffins… so here it is!
With a special #ShoutOut to #TeamAdrienne!!
When you can’t be at Hotel el Mono Feliz… you can still have a delicious taste of the tropics.
First Stage Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Second Stage Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1/4 cup avocado oil
3/4 cup raw sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Third Stage Ingredients
1 1/2 cups diced mangoes
1/2 cup slivered almonds (or chopped… or walnuts… )
1/4 cup dehydrated coconut (unsweetened)
HOW TO MAKE the MANGO MAGIC:
- Preheat oven at 400F. Prepare a 6 LARGE muffin tin… or 12 medium tin… with paper muffin cups or spray with non stick.
- In a medium size bowl stir together the ingredients listed in Second Stage and set aside.
- In another large bowl sift together the First Stage ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix and stir until just combined. Add the the Thirds Stage Ingredients, but don’t mix it much. Just combine.
- Fill the muffin tins to about 1/4 inch from the top… very nearly full.
- Bake for about 21-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the oven comes out clean. Mine are usually done in 24.25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the muffin tin. After 5 minutes remove the muffins from the pan and let it cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Eat within 3 days… like they’re going to last that long.
NOTE: The mini muffins in the picture are just a little something special with extra batter. Cook them about 10 minutes less… but check to see that they’re done the same way.